Want an opportunity to practice the water jump before the competition starts?
Whether you are bringing along a young horse or you’re a rider that wants to gain valuable experience – the OHJA Water Jump Schooling is a great way to give riders and trainers the opportunity to school over the water jump in a supervised show environment. There will be a short course available in addition to the water jump.
We will be offering this schooling at the following shows:
- Tuesday May 14th at the Caledon National at CEP
- Tuesday July 31st at the Equestrian Festival at CEP
- Tuesday Aug 20th at the International at Angelstone *NEW* Grass ring water jump school
Both the small and big water jumps may be available. Giving participants the option to start over the small water jump and work their way up to the big water. An experienced schooling advisor will be present to assist.
The OHJA is proud to be part of the Ontario Young Horse Jumper Series.
This Bonus identifies the top 5, 6, and 7 year olds competing in the Ontario classes of the Young Horse Jumper Series.
$15,000 in total will be awarded;
$5,000 for each of 5, 6, and 7 year old horses competing in the Ontario classes of the Young Horse Jumper Series. The only class receiving points is the Young Jumper Final Qualifying Stake class at each of the shows. Schooling classes not to count.
Bonus to be awarded for this Provincial Bonus as follows for each age group:
1st - $1,500 2nd - 1,250 3rd - $1,000 4th - $750 5th - $500
- Owner and rider of the horse must be OHJA members. Points will be awarded from the date of membership. No retroactive points will be awarded.
- Horses must have competed in the Ontario series stake/qualifier class a minimum number of (4) times in the current season to be eligible for the award.
- Proof of horse’s age will be required: a valid copy of papers. Papers may be randomly checked by a show vet and cross referenced with the horse’s EC passport (horse recording)
Points will be awarded as per EC provincial awards rules. Any class that restricts entries does not count toward year end points as per EC Rules EC rule G113. (The point’s formula is the horse’s placing X the number of horses in the class X the show rating.)
Only the “stake” class will count towards this bonus.
Please check the individual horse show programs for a schedule of the Ontario Young Horse Jumper Series.
The Champion of each age group will be presented a cooler and cheque during the Angelstone Young Horse Finals (August 28 - September 1, 2019). Winners must bring a horse to the presentation. Cheques for 2nd through 5th will be mailed to the registered owners. Cheques are made out to the Owner of the Horse (no exceptions).
August 3rd and 4th, 2019
Equestrian Festival at Caledon Equestrian Park
1.10M and 1.20M heights
August 24th and 25th, 2019
The International at Angelstone
1.30M and 1.40M heights
About the Competition
- The goal of Super Weekend competitions is to offer a Grand Prix styled experience to Junior and Amateur riders.
- Competitions will be offered over heights of 1.10m, 1.20m (CEP only), 1.30m and 1.40m (Angelstone only), under FEI Jumping Rules; Table A Art. 238Sec. 2.2, with one jump-off, to take place after all competitors have completed the first round (not an immediate jump off).
- The Course at all levels must include a Liverpool, a double and a triple combination or three double combinations.
- The water jump must used at the 1.30m and 1.40m levels (Angelstone only). A rail is optional.
- Ribbons will be awarded in each height division from 1st to 10th with prize money to 8th place. Coolers will be awarded for first place in each height division.
Equestrian Festival at CEP Aug 3rd and 4th:
1.10m Jr/Am Stake: 1st-$1,100 2nd $750 3rd-$500 4th-$350 5th-$250 6th-$200 7th-$175 8th-$175
- 1.20m Jr/Am Stake: 1st-$1,350 2nd-$810 3rd-$620 4th-$530 5th-$440 6th-$350 7th-$200 8th-$200
The Champions at Angelstone Aug 24th and 25th:
1.30m Jr/Am Stake: $1,650 2nd-$1,375 3rd-$825 4th-$550 5th-$385 6th-$275 7th-$220 8th-$220
- 1.40m Jr/Am Stake: 1st-$1,950 2nd-$1,625 3rd-$975 4th-$650 5th-$455 6th-$325 7th-$260 8th-$260
*For the 1.30 and 1.40 portion of the program a minimum of 10 are required to jump at each height in order not to combine and run the heights as separate classes. If they are combined the OHJA will award the 1.40M value of the prize money only – it will not be combined.
The OHJA has provided $10,000 in prize money and the host venues will match the amount for a total of $20,000 to be given out over the two events.
Thank you to Angelstone and Caledon Equestrian Park (CEP) for participating and supporting this program!
OHJA membership not required to participate in this program.
OHJA members are invited to join their OHJA Board of Directors at a luncheon courtesy of the OHJA on Saturday August 3rd at CEP.