As a result of the continuously evolving situation with COVID-19, please ensure to check horse show venue programs and schedules for final details around OHJA programs as dates as subject to change.
- OHJA Water Jump Schooling Program
- 0.9m and 1.0m Jumper Stake
- Major League Show Jumping Course Walks
- OHJA Super Jumper Weekends
Want an opportunity to practice the water jump before the competition starts?
Whether you are bringing along a young horse or you’re a rider that wants to gain valuable experience – the OHJA Water Jump Schooling is a great way to give riders and trainers the opportunity to school over the water jump in a supervised show environment. There will be a short course available in addition to the water jump.
We will be offering this schooling at the following shows:
- The National @ CEP (Tuesday)
Caledon Summer II @ CEP (Tuesday)
- Caledon Cup Phase 1 (Tuesday)
Both the small and big water jumps may be available.
Giving participants the option to start over the small water jump and work their way up to the big water. An experienced schooling advisor will be present to assist.
The OHJA is proud to offer a Grand Prix type competition to Junior and Amateur riders at the 0.9m and 1.0m heights.
All levels to be run under FEI Table A Art. 238 sec 2.2 with one jump-off, to take place after all competitors have completed the first round (not an immediate jump off).
Ribbons and prize money to 10th with a cooler presented to the winner of each class.
This will be run at the Ontario Jumper Finals from October 20th – 24th.
| back to top |
New for 2021. Angelstone Sliver Series Season Pass Holders will receive the opportunity to walk the course with a Professional organized by the OHJA at each of the Major League Show Jumping events.
The host will provide educational commentary, and explain the rules during the Grand Prix course walk at these events.
This is not a class and does not count for points or have a year-end award.
This program will run at the following competitions:
- Angelstone – The Champions
- Angelstone – The International
This program is moving to the Ontario Jumper Championship weekend October 20-24, 2021
About the Competition
- The goal of Super Weekend competitions is to offer a Grand Prix styled experience to Junior and Amateur riders.
- Competitions will be offered over heights of 1.10m, 1.20m, 1.30m and 1.40m, under FEI Jumping Rules; Table A Art. 238Sec. 2.2, with one jump-off, to take place after all competitors have completed the first round (not an immediate jump off).
- The Course at all levels must include a Liverpool, a double and a triple combination or three double combinations.
- Ribbons will be awarded in each height division from 1st to 10th with prize money to 8th place. Coolers will be awarded for first place in each height division.
*For the 1.30 and 1.40 portion of the program a minimum of 10 are required to jump at each height in order not to combine and run the heights as separate classes.
If they are combined the OHJA will award the 1.40M value of the prize money only – it will not be combined.
The OHJA has provided $4,000 in prize money towards this program
Thank you to Angelstone Tournaments for participating and supporting this program!
OHJA members are invited to join their OHJA Board of Directors at a luncheon courtesy of the OHJA.