OHJA Jumper Equitation Medal
The OHJA is pleased to offer the OHJA Jumper Medal Series over the course of the 2017 competition season.
NEW FOR 2017 – Previous height restriction has been REMOVED: This class is open to all Junior/Amateur riders with a current OHJA membership.
About the competition:
- The goal of this competition is to encourage riders to improve their skill set in the Jumper Ring.
- This competition is open to juniors and amateurs who are current members in good standing of the OHJA.
- This competition will be conducted as Jumper Equitation under Article 274 .5.2. Two (2) Phase Competition.
- Height 1.10m to 1.15m with a time allowed. Regular Jumper Course with a posted Jump Off second round ride off for the top 4 riders.
- Posted order of go will be followed and all rounds will receive an open score.
- Riders to be judged upon entering the ring.
- Exceeding the time allowed will incur 1 point deduction for each commenced second over the time allowed in both rounds. A knockdown will incur a four point penalty.
- Riders with the Top 4 scores in the first round will return for a jump off ride and will participate in original posted order (not based on scores).
- In the first round score will be based on jumper equitation evaluation and in the second round, the scores will reflect both equitation and jump-off skills. Scores over both rounds will be added together to determine overall placings. Total score determines the winner.
- The second phase of the class (jump off) may include inside/outside options, fences to be jumped on an angle, areas where competitors can gallop and lines that allow competitors to leave out a stride and or introduce a new line.
- Jumper tack permitted, no tack changes permitted for second round.
- Ribbons to 8th.
To be run over a jumper type course that must include:
- A Liverpool
- Two of the following jumps must be incorporated; wall, triple bar, skinny vertical
- A double and a triple combination OR three double combinations
OHJA Jumper Equitation Medal Finals
Presented by Bruno Delgrange
The 2017 OHJA Medal Finals will be held at Canadian Show Jumping Tournament held at the Caledon Equestrian Park. Open to the top 20 riders in the current OHJA standings. There will be no entry fee for the finals however riders must submit an entry form to the horse show office. Class conditions at the Final will be consistent with the overall series with the exception that riders returning for the jump off round will return in reverse order of scores.
The winner of the finals will receive a Delgrange saddle generously donated by Bruno Delgrange Saddles, approximate retail value of $6,500 and a cooler courtesy of the OHJA. Second place will receive a $500 gift certificate, 3rd place will receive a $300 gift certificate and 4th place will receive a $200 gift certificate. The winning Coach will also receive at $300 gift certificate. Ribbons to 10th, medals to the top 3.
The overall OHJA Jumper Medal Series winner will be presented at the OHJA banquet. Results from the finals will not count towards the overall award. EC Rule G113.1